Online Housing Application
“This is awesome! How do I join the Co-op?”
We’re glad you asked. The SHC has a dual approval process. First you get approved at the Co-op level via our online application. Contact us about one of our current openings. You’ll then move onto getting approved at the House(s) you like the best!
Here are your steps to joining our Co-op:
- Contact us about an available space for an application.
- While you wait for your application to process (takes up to 3 business days), tour houses virtually on our website.
- Once accepted by the Co-op, contact Membership Officers of the houses you’re interested in touring!
- Tour the houses you’re interested in getting approval for to learn more about Co-op living.
- Go to a house dinner and a house meeting at the houses you like.
- Wait to hear from the House’s Membership Officer about the status of your approval.
- If approved by a house, make an appointment with MSU SHC office to sign for your favorite one!
- Upon signing, you’ll pay Shares and Dues of $515.00 and go through a contract orientation.
- Microloans available for Shares and Dues through MSU Federal Credit Union for those who qualify.
- Voila! You are a member-owner of the MSU SHC!
For questions regarding the status of your application, contact our Member Services Coordinator at email@example.com. You should receive a response to your application within 3 business days. If you haven’t received a response, give the Office a call at (517) 355-8313.
Contract Dates for the 20-21 Contract Period : August 21, 2020 through August 22, 2021